Huge Energy Efficiency Incentives Available for you
Heavily incentives from both the state and the nation are still available for households and business. At MEG we operate under all major incentives including Renewable Energy target, Solar Homes Package in VIC, Energy Savings Scheme (ESS) in NSW, Victorian Energy Upgrades (VEU) in VIC, and Retailer Energy Efficiency Scheme (REES) in SA.
Need more information about how incentives can help you save?
RENEWABLE ENERGY TARGET
- Federal Government Policy
- Ensure at least 33,000 GWh of electricity comes from renewable sources by 2020
- The Small-scale Renewable Energy Scheme (SRES) provides a financial incentive for individuals and businesses to install small-scale renewable energy systems
- The Large-scale Renewable Energy Target (LRET) requires high-energy users to acquire a fixed proportion of their electricity from renewable sources
Interested in more info?: http://www.cleanenergyregulator.gov.au/RET
ENERGY SAVINGS SCHEME
- NSW Government’s Flagship Energy Efficiency Program
- Financial Incentives to Households & Businesses
- Has helped save more than 19,000 GWh & $2.9 million in bills
Interested in more info?: https://www.ess.nsw.gov.au/Home
VICTORIAN ENERGY UPGRADES
- Helping Victorians cut power bills and reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Accredited providers can generate Victorian Energy Efficiency Certificates (VEECs)
- The level of incentive or discount received by households and businesses varies depending on the market activity and certificate price
- Products must be professionally installed by an approved provider
- A market-based program, the value of certificates can fluctuate
- The availability of products and services can also vary
Interested in more info?: https://www.energy.vic.gov.au/energy-efficiency/victorian-energy-upgrades/about-the-program
SOLAR HOMES PACKAGE
- A Victorian Government Program
- A Rebate up to $2,225 for Eligible Households
- Rebates are Available for Systems Installed from 19 Aug 2018
Interested in more info?: https://www.solar.vic.gov.au/
THE RETAILER ENERGY EFFICIENCY SCHEME
Interested in more info?: https://www.escosa.sa.gov.au/industry/rees/overview
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
- Under the Small-scale Renewable Energy Scheme, eligible systems are entitled to a number of small-scale technology certificates (STCs). As a guide, one STC is equal to one megawatt hour of eligible renewable electricity either generated or displaced by the system.
Large-scale Generation Certificates (LGCs)
- Accredited renewable energy power stations are entitled to create large-scale generation certificates based on the amount of eligible renewable electricity they produce above their baseline. As a guide, one large-scale generation certificate is equal to one megawatt hour of eligible renewable electricity.
Energy Saving Certificates (ESCs)
- An energy savings certificate is a tradable certificate created under Division 7 of Part 9 of the Electricity Supply Act 1995. Each energy savings certificate represents one notional megawatt hour (MWh) of energy.
Victorian energy efficiency certificates (VEECs)
- Victorian energy efficiency certificates (VEECs) are electronic certificates created that represent one tonne of carbon dioxide equivalent (CO2-e) abated by specified energy saving activities known as Prescribed Activities.